Vision Nepal, we hard work to continue efficiently, ensuring that our program fees remain affordable for our volunteers and interns and our community work continues to be consistent and effective.
Program Booking Fee: $100/– is a non refundable fee which covers processing your application and pre-departure support and is not deductible from program fees.
Please read the following information carefully before you book your position:The program costs are reviewed in every July to adjust the inflation rates. Convert costs in your currency click here
Duration in Weeks/Program Fees in $
|Each additional week|
|3||Volunteer & Charity Trekking|
|4||Volunteering & Travel Tour||2 weeks volunteering and 1 week travel tour $779|
|5||Buddhist Monastery placements are available 4 + weeks only||There will be 75 EUR Extra fee if multiple projects are chosen to cover logistic support|
To book a volunteer/internship placement with us, you should pay €100 using bank transfer as stated below. This amount is for processing your application; pre departure support and ensures your arrival at Vision Nepal and NOT deductible from program fees. We only accept payment once you are accepted for the program.
You may contact us for customized group Volunteering & program fee. If you wish to work for more than one placement, then you are required to pay €60 extra to cover our extra logistic work.
We mainly accept cash payment. there will be 5.5% extra cost to cover transaction of bank transfer fees. You can also pay program fee in major currencies like USD, Sterling Pounds, Australian dollars, Canadian dollars.
The program fee covers:
- Airport picks up by Vision Nepal staff with Nepali culture
- Pick up from hotel to Vision Nepal office
- Hotel to project site on the first day with your luggage
- From the project site to Vision Nepal office/Hotel on the last day with your luggage;
2) Program Induction (Pre service training)
- Presentation on Vision Nepal history, development, strategies, success and failure stories
- Survival Nepali language course; 2 hours each day during the induction
- Nepali culture & Do’s & Don’ts
- Presentation on Nepali history, politics, economy, social problems
- Health & safety Tips
- Program related orientation, e.g. teacher training -TEFL tips.
- A half day sightseeing of world heritage sites, e.g. Patan Darbur Square, Pashupatinath / Boudhanath Stupa
- Stationary & handouts of the presentations
- Safe travel, trekking, adventure assistance
3) Food & Accommodation
- Accommodation at a budget hotel on same gender sharing basis and lunch at Vision Nepal’s office during program the induction.
- Food & accommodation during placement with a host family/hostel/monastery/(depending on your program)
- The living standard will be of Nepali standard and 2 to 3 meals provided;
4) Administrative Cost
- Local taxes & membership fees
- Administrative charge
- Online offline advertisement
- Vision Nepal promotional visits
- Communications like Internet & phone, letters
- Free wireless internet at our office
- 24/7 emergency support
- Meeting & socialization with volunteers & interns from different countries
- Regular follow up support
- Office rent & office supplies
- Staff salaries
5) Community Project Funding
- Women’s empowerment: women’s cooperatives, income generative projects, education & life skills
- Children’s development: development of children’s education, school building, compound, classroom, toilet construction and material support, teacher training
- Community health: Free medical check-up for over 900 poor people by professional Vision Nepal’s doctor. Lab, medicine, mobile clinics, school health and toilet construction for each poor families
- Youth empowerment: youth clubs and their activities to empower local youth
- Project staff salaries
- Support for local volunteers
The program fee excludes the following:
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee – (check with your embassy or Nepal Immigration for the latest fee structure) – Visa (tourist) fee in US$: 15 days: – US$25 30 days:-US$40 90 days: US$100 per additional day: – US$2;
- Stationery during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
- Breakfast and dinner during program induction (€5 per day will be enough)
- Return transfer to airport – Vision Nepal staff can help you to drop you off the airport if you need help;
- Transportation during weekends travel;
- Entrance fees to the cultural Heritage – $25 max for main cultural sites;
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc. If you are interested Vision Nepal can organize for you with affordable prices);
- Laundry, internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staffs and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Should you wish to spend more time in Kathmandu pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $50 to cater for all your other expenses like bottled water.
Please use the following the bank details address is below to transfer money:
- Bank of Kathmandu Ltd,
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Swift Code : BOKLNPKA
- Beneficiary : PALMU LAMA
- A/C NO : 02260-0000-177 NPR
- Bank of Kathmandu Ltd.
- Chabahil Branch, Kathmandu
You may also help us by sending this appeal to your friends / relatives / firms / and the interested parties who are eager to help the destitute child in Nepal and we have been told that it needs four to five days for the money to get into our account after you wire the same. Above given is the detail of the bank. We hope either of them will come of help to you. Once again we thank you very much for your generous help to us:
Remember: If you wish to using card, 5.5% extra fees and transfer charges and you are required to cover the bank transfer fees, if you transfer to our above bank account.
Note: Once you start your placement, if you wish to discontinue in any reason, the programs fee you pay are not refundable.
Vision Nepal is solely funded through the Program Fees paid by volunteers like you. Vision Nepal receives no funding from other donor agencies. Independent donations are welcome and will be applied toward various projects established by Vision Nepal. If you are interested in providing a donation, please uses our online Donation Now. Thank you for reading and understanding!