The founding principle of Vision Nepal is knowing we could get more money going to where it is needed most
Vision Nepal is a locally owned and managed non-governmental, social development organization which aims to support the poorest and most vulnerable communities and children in Nepal. We are a small organization, with no international organizational umbrella. This means that all the volunteer fees and funding are lower than many other organizations. The fees are invested directly into Nepalese children. Volunteering at Vision Nepal is not free, as we are partly reliant on volunteers’ fees to fund our projects. We are thankful to those who have been supporting us by taking part in our programs over the years. It is these volunteers that have been enabling us to make such massive changes to the lives of disadvantaged children and women.
Projects run by Vision Nepal
As a locally founded, solely volunteer fee-financed organization we established many projects that we are now successfully running:
- The center for intellectually children
- A charitable School
- Child Care
- Women’s center to provide vocational training and non-formal education,
- Sponsorship programs for poor children
- Delivery of food supplies; educational materials and accommodation supplies to schools and monasteries
If we would offer free volunteering, we would not be able to support these projects. That’s why we utilize the fees that we receive from our volunteers. We need regular funding to run the above projects effectively. Through our projects, we have been able to provide supports to underprivileged children and women.We are committed to serving the communities of Nepal; the majority percentage of volunteers’ fees goes directly into children education fee and local communities. As we support our projects, our volunteering cannot be free, but we keep the volunteering fees as low as possible, which is a difficult task in itself. Our volunteer programs are absolutely the most affordable in Nepal.
|Duration of Volunteering / Internship||Fees in Dollars|
Please Note: – A Reservation Fee of USD$250 is charged on top of the program fee
Spend less and still get a great service
In our flexible and tailored volunteer placements we provide exactly the same introductions, support and accommodation as many of the large international agencies that charge enormous amounts.
Your Nepal volunteer fees include the following:
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Food and accommodation from the moment of landing at the airport to the final day of your placement
- In depth cultural and language training
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Fully trained host families
- 24 hrs. availability of Vision Nepal staff for emergencies
- Assistance with visas and pre-departure support
- Fundraising support
- Support in booking any further travel in Nepal
The Nepal volunteer fees does not include the following:
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Sundries such as personal items, extra beverages and entertainment. A weekly budget of up to 25 should be sufficient to cater for our all your other expenses like bottle of water, daily snacks, personal items and beverages etc.
- Domestic flight costs
- Transportation costs for the volunteers who want to work outside the Kathmandu valley
- Entrance fees to the main cultural and Heritage sites (Entry Fees to Heritage Sites, Museums and Others).
- If you wish to work for more than one location, then you are required to pay €40 extra to cover our extra logistic work and transportation costs.
- Construction materials when you do any construction works, for example paints, brushes etc.
The lower overhead means more of your fees goes to Nepal:
School for Children, Single women and Young Adults
Building much needed facilities
Operating Health clinics
Saving for upcoming Vision Nepal programs