Indigenous People Trails Trekking Cost $2599 per person for 14 Days.
The trail meanders through ethnic community settlements at Kholakharka, Rajveer, Surkey, Danda Kharka Doramba, Deurali, Pokhari and Phulasi, and ends at Phulasi. A separate time Majhi fishing experience can also be experienced either as a part of IP Trails package or as a stand alone product. The elevation ranges from (513m), at the Sun Kosi River to Numburchuili peak along Everest Himal range at (6959m). Vistas of the Rolling foothills dotted with isolated farming communities, rhododendron forests and bamboo groves, all crowned by an array of snow peak are bound to leave you breathless. The cultural rituals surrounding Buddhism and Hinduism are another major attraction. But the foremost prize of the whole experience is the chance to meet people from different Indigenous communities, learn about them and their culture- yes, all of the above in one trekking. You will feel good knowing that your visit is genuinely helping your hosts’ family. And what’s more, you can relax on one of the best in Nepal!!
01. Major features of Indigenous People Trails Trekking
Name: Indigenous people Trails Trekking
Location: Eastern (Starting from Dolakha and ends at Ramechhap Phulasi)
Elevation: Manthali (513m). To Sailung (3100m)
Total Duration: 14 days
Accommodation: Home-stays and Community Lodge.
02. The Special Attractions of the Trails.
Major Valley: Sunkoshi River and Tamakoshi River valleys. Mountain panorama: From Everest region to the east to Annapurna to the west significant panoramas are the Numbur, Rolwaling and Langtang ranges.
Other Amazing Landscape: Folded Mahabharat hills, Rolling terraced farmlands, waterfalls (Surkey), Tamakoshi River.Major Ethnic Groups: Sherpa, Thami, Newar, Tamang, Yolmopa and Majhi.
Best view points: Sailung, Augleshwori, Thanapati.
Sacred Pilgrimage Sites: Thulo Sailung, Rajveer, Augleshwori, Thanapati and Phulasi Ghyang Monastery.
Beautiful monastery: Rajveer, Doramba, Phulasi
Flora: Sub-tropical to temperate vegetation, Sal forest, Pine forest, Alnus and blooming rhododendron.
Fauna: Various species of birds, Deer, Langur Monkey, varieties of endemic fishes.
Bird watching: Dhunge-Sailung, Kholakharka-Rajveer, Surkey-Doramba, Phulasi section.
Forest walks: Danda kharka to Pokhari section
Socio-Cultural Practices: Lhosar celebration, Janaipurnima festival, Buddhapurnima festival, Sorashraddha, Shamanic performances, Lama Dances.
Agri-tourism activities: Participating in rice and millet cultivation and harvesting.
Socio-economic-Practices: Terraced farming, ethnology-botanical practices, thatched houses, mechanical grinding of rice and millet.
Bio-diversity study: Temperate to alpine vegetation, rhododendron, conifers, birch, colored pasture grasses, a variety of bird species, deer, jackal, fox, clouded leopard.
Day to Day Itinerary:
01. Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m), Transfer to Hotel
02. Sightseeing in Kathmandu
03. Kathmandu-Mude by Bus or Private Jeep
04. Mude to Deurali
05. Deurali-Thulo Sailung (3100m).
06. Thulo Sailing-Raj Veer, Danda Kharka
07. Danda Kharka -Surke/ Deurali Bhanjyang
08. Deurali Bhanjyang
10. Phulasi Day Rest and Visit Monastery, School and Health post
11. Devi Tar or Manthali
12. Drive to Back to Kathmandu
13. Free day in Kathmandu
14. Onward destination to Airport for Final Departures.
The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. indigenous People Trails Trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Airport picks up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Three night’s standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Birethati- Pokhara.
- Ground transportation from Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Two nights standard accommodation in Pokhara ( First night of the trekking and last night of the trekking).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Your personal expenses.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Dear valued visitor, First of all, we thank you very much for visiting our website and reading this page.
Our humble request to you: When you consider an adventure Home Stay trekking trip to Nepal, we request you to go with the genuine, experienced and the best service provider. After all your safety is the first and foremost priority so please choose the best and reliable company that can take best care of you.
And, we bet, not all the companies do exactly the way you expect it to go. Do not get lured by the low cost with hidden cheap tricks that you don’t realize until you face it. Know the real value of the trip experience and look for the operator who has genuinely high skills and experience of operating the adventure in the Himalayas.
It can be difficult to choose a reliable company out of thousands of companies but if you take a little more time to research about the operator, guides and the company, it definitely brings you the best result.
After all, as a responsible & experienced operator, we want you to be in the best hands for the adventure of your life time so that you get the best safely from it.
The price mentioned in above package is estimated for a luxurious travel package with accommodation in 2 Star to 5 Star hotels only in Kathmandu. In addition to it, highly trained guides are also included with luxury services. The cost mentioned above can be altered according to your needs. Feel free to Contact us for any queries. Mobile: +977 9843081190