Volunteer placements abroad: a lifetime opportunity for mutual growth
We assist with the development of Nepali communities through a diverse range of projects. Our projects are generally aimed at children, youth and women. Empowering these groups will create positive change in Nepal. To reach this goal, we place volunteers in schools, women and/or child care centers, monasteries and farms. Vision Nepal has started three projects by themselves in Kathmandu: A school, disability center and a women center. Besides these projects, we offer volunteering and internship placements in a variety of locations through local partner organizations across Nepal.
How can I volunteer?
You can fill out our contact form or application form here. We will then discuss your skills and, together with your length of stay, we can decide which placement would suit you the most. It is also possible to combine multiple placements, for example two weeks in the women center in Kathmandu and two weeks of volunteering at a school in a rural setting. Volunteering is for all ages, from high school students to retired teachers.
What is included in volunteering?
All of our volunteers receive an on-arrival orientation that includes Nepali lessons, a presentation of the culture and work practices to expect and prepare for, and an introduction to their home stay and workplace. For more information on prices and what is included, have a look at our fees page.
Why volunteer with us?
As a volunteer you will have an amazing time with us as you:
- Will be engaged in the ongoing development process of Nepal, a marginal society and third world country
- Develop your personal and life skills
- Grow an understanding of the Nepali people, their language, and their various cultures
- Will take part in local festivals, weddings, farming, and visiting different small villages
- Will be immersed in the spectacular natural beauty and surroundings of Nepal