Vision Nepal (Practical Help Achieving Self-Empowerment) Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit, and nonpolitical and non-religious organization. It was established in 2013 by a group of development.
Professionals with the aim to empower the vulnerable, poor and disadvantaged populations of remote Villages and mountain regions of Nepal. Through education, and health livelihood support Vision Nepal
Aims to break the cycle of poverty and enable communities to be self-reliant for the future. Vision Nepal is registered under the organization registration Act 2034 of Nepal with the District Administration Office, Kathmandu (Regd. No. 34/2070/071) and is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council under Act, (SWC No. 39317).
Vision and Mission:
A self-empowered and self-sustained society; where all kinds of discrimination are absent and The mission of Vision Nepal is to create opportunities for the self-empowerment of deprived Communities through health, education and community development programs. This will contribute to the uplifting of their socio-economic status and the reduction of poverty…
- To support the development of the education sector in the deprived community.
- To improve the health status of the deprived community.
- To make rights holders aware of their rights through legal education or advocacy.
- To raise awareness of environmental protection.
- To support the development of the agricultural and production sector.
- To impact national development by raising awareness of education, health and community Development at the local level
Approach and Strategy:
Vision Nepal always appreciates and respects positive endeavors from individuals, communities and National and international governmental and non-governmental organizations. The organization always considers the following approaches during the programmer implementation process:
We encourage our beneficiaries to participate actively in our programs Right from the needs assessment to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation and sharing of lessons learned.
People centered approach:
The people of the community are central to all our development Efforts and interventions. Coordination and collaboration: Activities are coordinated with governmental and nongovernmental Organizations at grassroots, district, national and international levels.
Accountability and transparency: All the programmer activities and corresponding budget Allocated for those particular programmers are transparent; anyone at any time can have access to this information, if requested.
Needs driven approach: Programmer activities will not be imposed from the top but are selected Based on the demand made by the beneficiaries.
The organization consistently embraces the following values whilst implementing programs:
Vision Nepal makes every effort to promote integrated approaches in its project Areas. Vision Nepal believes that successful integrated model of education and health, livelihood an activity empowers and helps communities to break the cycle of poverty and to improve their Futures.
Gender Equality & Social Inclusion:
Vision Nepal works with vulnerable people across resource Poor remote communities but specifically within these communities, women, and children and the most underprivileged people are the focus of our programs.
Vision Nepal is guided by its humanitarian policies which actively nurture all Aspects of human rights from within our programs.
HDI/MPI & Cluster:
When selecting project areas Vision Nepal analyses available information about the geographical cluster based on the Human Development Index and Multidimensional Poverty Index as far as possible… Vision Nepal also collects baseline information to find and set the key Indicators before any programmer intervention.
Ownership & sharing:
In Vision Nepal projects, local stakeholders are involved in the decision-making Process and community activities are carried out with local participation. Efficient community Participation, cost sharing and coordination with government agencies creates community Account-abilities and ownership of the project.
Vision Nepal ensures that local actors participate in the selection of the priorities to be pursued in their local area and in decision-making about the strategy. By involving, combining and interacting with local communities better overall results are achieved more easily.
As far as possible, Vision Nepal strives to ensure that benefits realized by organizational and community based activities supported through community development projects continue after the end of the project.
Vision Nepal believes that lack of opportunity, equity and access are the causes of poor health, low educational Levels and poverty. Vision Nepal pursues an integrated approach to create opportunities among deprived and isolated communities of hill and mountain regions of Nepal.
Programmer Components Activities and Health:
- General medical treatment with free medicine
- Care and safe delivery care
- Family planning counseling and treatment & health education at school & in the Community
- Support of the government immunization programmer,
- Health outreach clinics
- Raising Awareness about health care rights through advocacy and mobilization
- Equip school teachers in remote communities with teaching techniques to create better Teaching and learning environments
- Conduct School Programs in remote villages in mountain
- Facilitate women’s literacy classes in remote communities where there is no access to Government facilities
- Improve school infrastructure in project areas
- Coaching about child rights, particularly of girls, for students, teachers, school management Committees and parent teacher associations
- Documentary shows in the community and in schools, the Importance of education
- Raise awareness of social issues (trafficking, child labor etc.) through education and Documentary shows
- Training on improved vegetable and livestock farming,
- Training on compost production techniques
- Training on vegetable nursery management
- Distribution of improved seeds and livestock to increase productivity
- Distribution of sprinkle kit, poly bag, and plastics for poly tunnels
- Training’s for income generation such as Cash crops and bee keeping.